Sunday 8 March 2020

EXP1: Progression of New Model with Textures

Week 4 Progression: 
I have decided to redesign my entire model as my tutor and I thought my old model was too restricted as the the flow of designed did not follow through. I then remodeled my new design on Sketchup with some new inspiration from the architect, Zaha Hadid. I looked through her architectural buildings such as the Heydar Aliyev Center and Beijing's International Airport. A major is the influence of architectural Deconstructivism, where it gives the style of things being fragmented in construction of buildings. It constitutes the essence of continuity, harmony and symmetry. Furthermore, I have also been influenced through the style of Neo-futursim, where the idealistic concept of redesigning buildings through the rethink of aesthetics and functionality. Below is an example of this.

Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center 



Week 4 Progression Photos + Texture 

A shot of the overall design of my model.

This is shot is a picture of the upper level which sits my Audrey Allen and Ashton Cameron's jewelry studio combined with my woven texture of the floor. I am still thinking whether it fits within the architectural space. 



Here in the shot is the floor sitting on the ground. This space shares the studio of Audrey Allen and Ashton Cameron and Khyzyl Saleem. I have applied the oscillation texture onto the pillars of the floor as I did not want to over-apply the texture in the design. I wanted to be a little subtle on the texture but I still want to apply it somewhere else on the ground floor. 






No comments:

Post a Comment